Bike Safety for the Empire State Ride
At the Empire State Ride, safety is our priority! We wanted to pull together a list of our favorite safety tips that can help you have a fun and safe ride while you are training:
- Pre-Plan your route to choose what type (flat or hilly etc.)
- Have enough to drink and eat for the duration of your ride
- Carry identification with you, ideally a photocopy of your license and health insurance card
- Wear appropriate clothing
- Listen to your body – Don’t worry to push your body to finish a ride if you aren’t feeling well
If you keep all these things in mind, then you are ready to ride.