At the Empire State Ride, safety is our priority! We wanted to pull together a list of our favorite safety tips that can help you have a fun and safe ride while you are training:
- Pre-Plan your route to choose what type (flat or hilly etc.)
- Have enough to drink and eat for the duration of your ride
- Carry identification with you, ideally a photocopy of your license and health insurance card
- Wear appropriate clothing
- Listen to your body – Don’t worry to push your body to finish a ride if you aren’t feeling well
If you keep all these things in mind, then you are ready to ride.
For more details on bike safety while riding outdoors, check out this blog.