In partnership with
Empire State Ride is an adventure unlike any other, and getting there and back shouldn’t be an added hill to climb! You may have questions about logistics, so we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know, including added fun after the finish line.
How Do I Travel with My Bike?
You’re not the first person to ask about this! The good news is you have some options if you want to travel with your bike.
- Ship your bike: You can ship your bike with Bike Flights. Campus WheelWorks can unpack and rebuild your bicycle, and we will transport it to Wagner College on July 21. Bike shipping is at your own expense.
- Take advantage of the bicycle shuttle truck: Another option for you is utilizing the bike truck, which takes shipped and local bikes from Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center directly to the start line at Wagner College. More details are available in the ESR travel planner that is sent to you when you register.
What About Getting to and from Niagara Falls?
ESR road warriors come from all over the country. We know transportation can be a factor in your decision to join the adventure! Getting to and from Empire State Ride is your responsibility, but here are some suggestions to make it easier.
- Take the charter bus from Buffalo, NY. This bus leaves from Roswell Park on Saturday, July 22 and takes you to Wagner College. You’ll get there at around 3:30 p.m., in time for all the first-night activities! Cost is announced in the ESR travel planner.
- Riders who are starting their trip from Buffalo are also welcome to drive and park their vehicles in the Roswell Park ramp for the week, free of charge.
- Alternatively, riders can be dropped off at Wagner College or drive there and park their car for the week, free of charge.
- ESR also offers a charter bus from Niagara Falls, NY, to Wagner College on July 30. Find further details in the ESR travel planner.
- Prefer to fly? We encourage riders fly to Newark, LaGuardia or JFK airports in New York City, with ground transportation to Wagner College in time for orientation on Saturday, July 22.
If taking the train makes the most sense for you, you also have options! We recommend riders who prefer the train take Amtrack to Penn Station in New York City. Then, take the subway to the Staten Island Ferry. From there, they can ride a taxi or Uber/Lyft to Wagner College in time for orientation at Wagner College.
Extend your stay in Niagara Falls, NY!
Keep the adrenaline pumping and extend your stay on the other side of New York in Niagara Falls USA! Enjoy this bucket-list destination with the friends and family who cheered you on during your 500+ mile journey.
Niagara Falls USA offers:
- Nightly illumination and fireworks over Niagara Falls
- Iconic attractions
- A myriad of outdoor activities
- Art and culture
- History and guided tours
- Amazing food for every palate
View or download the Niagara Falls USA Travel Guide, or request a free printed guide delivered to you here.
You can walk to the Falls from the finish line and from many of the downtown Niagara Falls hotels. You can also walk across the Rainbow Bridge to Canada if you have a passport or approved travel documents.
If you are organizing a family weekend and want to choose another hotel, it’s a good idea to check your hotel’s proximity to the Falls on a map. Several hotels advertise the Falls, but may be further away and require a car or public transportation.
Visit the Niagara Falls USA website for travel planning information, or call 1-877 FALLS US to speak with a local expert.
If you’re already registered, check your travel planner for more information!
If you haven’t registered yet, what are you waiting for?