Did you know that you can still collect donations for your #ESR19 fundraiser during the week-long adventure? That’s right! Fundraising for the Empire State Ride doesn’t close until Friday, August 9. As you update your friends and family via social media about your progress, don’t forget to share your fundraising page with them! If you need help with messaging, we’ve put together this handy little guide for you. Make sure to use #ESR19 in your posts, too.
Facebook is a great place to get a little personal about your reasons for partaking in the Empire State Ride. Don’t be afraid to explain why you’re participating. As a bonus, if you connected your fundraiser to Facebook, people can easily donate to you without ever leaving the platform!
- It’s official – I’m starting my 500+ mile adventure across New York State with the @EmpireStateRide! I’m doing this to positively impact the future of cancer research and to save more lives. I’m still accepting donations of any kind (every bit helps) and will be throughout the week-long journey. Thank you to all those that have helped me reach my goal so far. Together, we’re changing the future! [link to fundraising page/Facebook fundraiser]
- I’m halfway through #ESR19 and it’s been an experience unlike any other – tiring, challenging, thrilling and breathtaking all rolled into one! We’re riding for cancer patients all over the world because we want to end this horrible disease. Please help if you can! [link to fundraising page/Facebook fundraiser]
- #ESR19 is almost over and it’s been a truly unforgettable experience. I’m doing it all for cancer research at @RoswellPark. If you’re able to donate, I would really appreciate it! Let’s change the future together. [link to fundraising page/Facebook fundraiser]
The rule for Twitter is to keep your posts short and sweet! Make sure to include the link to your fundraising page.
- Day 1 of #ESR19 is complete! I’m still accepting donations for this adventure. Every little bit helps in the fight against cancer: [link to fundraising page]
- I’m halfway through #ESR19. It’s been challenging, exciting, sweaty and life-changing. See why I’m riding here: [link to fundraising page]
- I officially completed #ESR19 and it feels incredible. If you didn’t get a chance to donate, I’m still accepting donations! Thank you to all that have donated to me – it means the world. [link to fundraising page]
Instagram is all about the visuals so include an eye-catching image that will make people stop scrolling. Snap a picture of rest stops, the New York scenery, camp life and The Falls to create an engaging post. For the caption, keep it interesting, engaging and informative – emojis help too! And remember, you can’t add links to your captions, so make sure you update your bio with a link to your fundraising page.
- Just started my 500+ mile journey with the @empirestateride and so far, I’ve been taking it all in. We’re doing this to impact the future of cancer research and that keeps me going even when I feel like I can’t push any farther. If you’re able to donate, I am still accepting donations. Every little bit helps! Let’s fight cancer together. #ESR19
- One of my favorite pics I took on the #ESR19 road! I’m really enjoying seeing all the sights of New York State and it’s humbling to do all this for a great cause – to end cancer. Link in my bio to my donation page if you’re able to. Thank you to all those who’ve donated this far!
- #ESR19 is coming to an end and all I think is wow. Thank you to all those that donated and helped me reach my fundraising goal. If you didn’t get a chance to donate but still want to, I’m still accepting donations (link in bio). This was such an incredible experience!
Keeping your network up-to-date on your progress is a great way to still get donations. Don’t be afraid to get personal and ask!